Surveyors for plant and machinery: When entire plants are relocated
The relocation of entire plants is often based on public-sector construction projects or the rededication of entire areas in the public interest, such as in the run-up to the development of Hamburg’s Hafen-City.
Accordingly, our clients are mostly municipalities or federal or state-owned companies. However, private developers and companies also commission us as experts to determine the costs of business relocation and to prepare corresponding relocation appraisals for the machinery, equipment and operating facilities.
In addition to the valuation of the companies concerned, we determine the costs of the relocation as an expert for machinery and equipment, as in many cases the payment of compensation is also involved.
In the event of a pending relocation of an entire business or parts of a business, we prepare expert reports on the machinery and plant to be relocated in accordance with the Compensation Act.
Our expert opinions include the following costs to be taken into account:
- New and current values of the fixed assets that cannot be relocated
- Dismantling and reassembly of the plant and machinery that can be relocated
- Transport costs of the assets to be relocated and expenses for the recommissioning of the assets
- Costs for the loss of production due to the interruption of operations during the relocation.
- This expert opinion provides you with a comprehensive and reliable overview of the costs incurred during the relocation of operations and the associated financial and insurance risks.
Our relocation appraisals are the basis for fair compensation payments.