OLDY OR GOLDY? FINANCING MACHINERY WITH A CLASSIC BANK LOAN
For many companies, it used to be a matter of course to finance machinery with a loan from their bank or to borrow against their entire machinery pool in order to finance investments, growth and new markets.
Not least because of increasing regulation, it has now become difficult to fall back on this once so reliable form of financing. It is true that interesting alternatives have become established in corporate financing, such as leasing or hire purchase. Nevertheless, there are still many good reasons in favour of a bank loan: be it the conditions, the reliability of a trusted contact person or the flexibility that arises when the bank knows the company and its machinery well.
Often, however, it no longer even occurs to companies to ask their bank for classic corporate financing.
Our clients tell us that uncertainty about the value and lendability of the machinery is often a reason for their reluctance. Well, this is exactly where we can help, because we have been valuing thousands of machines every year for many decades.
We prepare mortgage lending value appraisals that give your bank (or you as a bank!) a solid decision-making basis to finance and lend on machinery and meet the requirements of the regulatory authorities.
AT A GLANCE – FINANCING MACHINERY BY BANK LOAN ON THE BASIS OF COLLATERAL VALUES
- Determining the market values and insurance values of your machinery and equipment
- Monitoring of the insurance values and reporting to the bank
- Assessment of the third-party usability of the machinery
- Assessment of marketability
- Preparation of a mortgage lending value appraisal based on the market values, marketability and third-party usability of the machinery
- Overall appraisal of real estate, machinery & equipment on request